Guitars » Series 77 Guitars
Featuring many of the same design cues and distinguished components as the esteemed VOX Virage, the sharp-horned HDC-77 offers an outstanding value for a quality instrument well worthy of the VOX name. Beautiful to look at, the HDC-77 is available in two colours both featuring figured maple-ply top & back with mahogany sides.
In addition to the unique body sculpting and design, the HDC-77 features the same inverse heel joint, deeply cut for free access to the upper frets, as the original Virage series guitars. The MaxConnect™ aluminum bridge and VOX Super Smooth tuners offer superior string handling, and offer tuning stability as well as a thick, rich tone with clear, singing harmonics. Large rectangular position markers adorn the fingerboard; dot position markers grace the side of the neck for fast reference. The rosewood fingerboard provides a comfortable playing surface; the mahogany neck is rock-stable.
Wide Sonic Palette
Our whisper-quiet CoAxe pickups feature three distinct tones, each derived from a different pickup element. The result is a versatile assortment of unique and sophisticated tones. The passive analog tone circuitry offers extended control using the Master Volume and Master Tone knobs. Logically laid out and easy to use, the controls allow fast changes during performance. The HDC-77 offers a deep range of tonal choices to satisfy your tonal cravings.
Now, VOX is introducing the HDC-77 Koa. Beautiful to look at, the HDC-77 Koa is adorned with highly figured Hawaiian Koa wood on the top and back, and topped with a natural gloss finish. As with all Series 77 guitars, the sides and internal core are fashioned from solid mahogany. This spectacular addition to the Series 77 line provides a unique and artistic appearance for the discriminating player.
VOX Series 77 Specifications
- Scale Length: 638mm (25.125")
- No. Of Frets: 22
- Nut Width: 43mm (1.7")
- Bridge Pickup: Coaxe
- Neck Pickup: Coaxe
- Case: Hardshell
HDC-77 (double Cutaway) Available Finishes:
- Siennaburst (figured maple-ply top & back/mahogany sides)
- Blackburst (figured maple-ply top & back/mahogany sides)
- Trans Red (figured maple-ply top & back/mahogany sides)
- Trans Amber (figured maple-ply top & back/mahogany sides)
- Koa (figured Hawaiian koa top & back over Maple-ply / mahogany sides)
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Joint: Custom set-in joint with inverse heel
- Body Material: Mahogany core with laminated maple top and back capped with figured Koa
- Fingerboard: Rosewood (Bound White)
- Inlay: Acrylic Parallelogram
- Nut: Synthetic, self-lubricating
*Specifications and features are subject to change without notice.