Guitars » Apache Series Bass Guitars
APACHE I Bass & APACHE II Bass Travel Bass Guitars with Built-in Amp and Rhythms
Enjoy making music any time, any place, with the APACHE Series Travel Basses!
The APACHE Series travel guitars resurrected the popular VOX Teardrop and Phantom body styles. Now, the APACHE Bass makes these unique designs available to the bassist as well. As with the guitar models, there are four color variations, each with a pop sensibility that matches its distinctive design.
APACHE Bass Features:
- APACHE I Bass: Classic VOX Teardrop body style
- APACHE II Bass: Classic VOX Phantom body style
- Built-in amplifier with 4" VOX speaker
- Bright switch; Volume, Tone, and Gain controls
- 66 Onboard Rhythm Patterns; Tempo and Level controls
- Convenient E-String Tuner
- Output, Headphone Output, and Aux Input
- 4 Color Finishes per model
- Basswood body; Maple neck; Rosewood fingerboard
- VOX Single Coil Bass pickup
- Sealed compact tuners
- Up to 26 hours on six (6) AA batteries
- Includes soft case & strap
The VOX brand is a legendary presence in the history of electric guitars and basses. With their distinctive body shape and stunning aesthetics, the VOX Teardrop and Phantom basses first debuted in the 1960s, and captivated musicians from around the world. Today, more than fifty years later, these iconic instruments have come to life in the exciting APACHE Bass.
In addition to the authentic body designs, these tricked-out travel basses host a 2-channel bass amplifier, speakers, dozens of rhythm patterns, even a convenient E-String tuner – all built right into the bass itself! Combining cool, retro looks to satisfy the enthusiast with play-anywhere convenience, these playful and spirited instruments are a highly attractive choice. In addition to fans of yesteryear's Teardrop and Phantom, these exceptional basses are also a great choice for entry-level players and bass students, as well as for musicians seeking easy playing at home or on tour; and of course for all collectors of unique and exotic instruments.
Unique Body Shapes from Yesteryear
In every era, the VOX brand has generated unique and cutting-edge amps and instruments. That spirit continues to burn brightly even now, more than fifty years after its founding. The classic VOX Teardrop and Phantom guitars and basses gained numerous followers, achieved an iconic status – and gave rise to numerous copies. VOX has now firmly reestablished these enduring designs in the all new APACHE Series of well-equipped travel basses. The APACHE I Bass lays claim to the timeless Teardrop body shape; the APACHE II Bass features the coveted Phantom body style. Each model boasts four colorful finishes that complement their distinctive design.
Onboard Amplifier for Play-Anywhere Portability!
While the APACHE Bass takes its styling cues from the past, the feature set is totally up to date. Contained in the body itself is a complete bass amp with speakers! The amp offers two sound variations: Normal and Bright. A full complement of Gain, Tone, and Master Volume control provides access to a broad range of tones. A 4” VOX speaker deliver a full, powerful bass sound. Enjoy the play-anywhere portability of the APACHE Bass’s built-in amplifier, wherever you go!
Built-in Rhythms for Extra Enjoyment
APACHE Bass instruments are fun to play thanks to their onboard amp & speakers; but there’s more fun ahead using the built-in rhythms! In addition to providing accompaniment as you play, these rhythm patterns are ideal for rhythm training or for backstage warm-up before a concert. It's a great function for generating inspiration and adding power to your performance.
The wide selection of rhythm patterns will make playing your APACHE Series bass guitar more entertaining. Choosing one of the ten genres provides immediate access to standard styles including 8-beat, 16-bit, and blues; to other styles such as funk, reggae, and complex patterns in unusual time signatures. Each genre contains six patterns and one extended song pattern that is several measures long, for a total of 66 different patterns. Each of them boasts serious sound quality with excellent presence, allowing you to perform with the backing of real drum patterns. The tempo and volume of each pattern can be controlled with dedicated knobs; and it's easy to call up the exact rhythm pattern you need.
A headphone output is provided for private practice; plugging in your headphones will turn off the internal speakers. A traditional output is also provided, allowing your APACHE Bass instrument to be played through a traditional bass amp. The AUX IN jack allows an MP3 player, CD, or any other audio source to be connected so you can jam along with your favorite tracks. These new APACHE Bass instruments open up a world of possibilities that are unavailable with conventional electric bass guitars. Power is provided by six (6) AA batteries, delivering up to 26 hours of playing time with alkaline batteries. A soft case and a strap are provided.
VOX APACHE BASS Series Specifications
- Body shape: APACHE I Bass: Teardrop style / APACHE II Bass: Phantom style
- Body: Basswood
- Neck: Hard Maple
- Finger board: Rosewood
- Fret: 21
- Scale length: 762 mm
- Position mark: Dot 6mm, White Acrylic
- Side Position: Dot 2mm, White
- Machine head: Sealed compact tuners
- Nut: 38mm
- Pickup: VOX single coil Bass pickup
- Bridge: Chrome
- Strap pins: Chrome
- Strings: .045” - .105”
- Headstock color: Natural / Black “APACHE” logo
- Neck Finish: Natural amber
- Body Colors:
- APACHE I Bass: White; Seafoam; Salmon Red; 3-Tone Sunburst
- APACHE II Bass: White; Seafoam; Salmon Red; Black
- Rhythm Patterns: 66 total: 10 Genres x 6 Rhythm Patterns + 6 Bass Guitar Song Patterns
- Tempo range: 40～240 BPM
- Controls: Knobs (Level, Tempo, Genre), Buttons (Start/Stop, Variations)
- Tuner: E-String (4th String) with LED indicators
- Audio Input/Output Jacks: Aux In, Phones Output, Instrument Output
- Amplifier power: Aprox 0.7W RMS @ 8Ω
- Controls: Knobs (Volume, Tone, Drive), Switches (Bright, Standby)
- Speakers: VOX Original 4-inch Speaker 8Ω (×1)
- Batteries: AA [R6/LR6] (x6)
- Battery Life: Approx. 26 hours (with alkaline batteries)
- Weight: APACHE-I Bass: Approx. 3.3 kg / APACHE-Il Bass: Approx. 3.5 kg
- Accessories: AA batteries (x6), Soft Case, Strap, Owner’s manual
*Specifications and features are subject to change without notice.
Phantom® and Teardrop® are registered U.S. trademarks of Phantom Guitarworks. Vox is not affiliated with Phantom Guitarworks.