Custom Classic » AC15 Custom Classic
The new AC15 Custom Classic from Vox needs no fancy introductions! Born from a classic design and with a heritage dating back to 1958, this new AC15 maintains and evolves Vox's pedigree in thoroughbred tone.
- AC15CC1: Loaded with the VOX / Wharfedale custom GSH12-30 speaker
- AC15CC1X: Loaded with the VOX / Celestion AlNiCo Blue loudspeaker.
With years of manufacturing expertise in high quality guitar amplifier design, Vox have taken the best AC15 designs, both old and new and added a number of useful and interesting features. The result is to give you the most tonally flexible AC15 to date!
Decades ago the AC15 stamped its tonal trademark on the rock n roll revolution. Many top performers of the era were first in line to sample its unique warm tone. People started to notice this new evocative guitar sound and soon many other new artists were using the Vox AC15.
Today, the AC15 Custom Classic is set to become the new leader in its class. Built in Vox's vertically integrated manufacturing facility means total control of the design, the quality and the sound of your amplifier. Many processes not found in most guitar amplifier factories are employed in the factory and Vox design and manufacture their own transformers, speakers (except for the venerable VOX "Blue" & "Neodog" which are manufactured by Celestion), cabinets and electronics. All components have been designed, manufactured or selected so that the performance and sound of the AC15 Custom Classic is second to none.
Equipped with a number of modern features and conveniences the new AC15 Custom Classic offers more control and versatility with features like master volume, global reverb and tremolo. Also on the top panel are bass and trebles controls along with a single guitar input.
At look at the rear panel will reveal a pair of output jacks for use with external speaker cabinets if desired. When connecting speakers, an impedance selector switch offers 8 or 16 ohm output options. A dedicated jack for use with the supplied VF002 VOX footswitch is also provided. With this so you can turn the Reverb and Tremolo on and off.
VOX AC15 Custom Classic Specificaitons
- Power Output: 15 Watts RMS into an 8 or 16 ohm loudspeaker load.
- Internal speaker: 16 ohm, 12", 30 Watt VOX/Wharfedale Custom - model AC15CC18 ohm 12" , 15 Watt VOX/Celestion AlniCo Blue - model AC15CC1X
- Valve/tube complement: 2 x EL84/6BQ5 & 2 x 12AX7/ECC83.
- Rectifier: silicon rectifier with passive SAG circuit.
- Mains input: preset 100V or 120V or 230V or 240 V ~ 50 or 60 Hz depending on country of sale. Please see Rating Plate on rear of amplifier for exact specification.
- Dimensions: AC15CC1 & AC15CC1X (WxDxH) 605mm (23.82") x 261.9mm (10.31") x 440mm (17.32")
- Weight: AC15CC1 21.6Kgs (47.62lbs) AC15CC1X 21.69Kgs (47.84lbs)
*Specifications and features are subject to change without notice.