Support » Product Archive » AD Series
THE AD SERIES WAS INTRODUCED DURING 2004 AND IS NOW DISCONTINUED - INFORMATION APPEARS HERE FOR REFERENCE ONLY
The pure tube sound of Valvetronix is more affordable than ever! The new AD100VT, AD50VT, AD50VT-212, AD30VT and AD15VT pack the amazingly versatile tube sound of Valvetronix into amps that introduce a modern twist to the traditional VOX design.
VOX Valve Reactor for true tube power amp sound and feel.
The AD100VT, AD50VT, AD50VT-212, AD30VT and AD15VT feature our patented VOX Valve Reactor found on all Valvetronix products. The Valve Reactor circuit uses a 12AX7 triode vacuum tube together with an actual low-wattage tube power amp circuit, a virtual output transformer and a dummy speaker circuit that simulates the impedance changes of a real speaker. It also reconfigures itself so that its characteristics are the same as the amps it’s modeling (class A, class AB, negative feedback circuit, etc.). This means that all of the nuances of the original amp model including sound, feel, distortion and presence are reproduced accurately.
Eleven realistic amp models using sophisticated modeling technology
A total of eleven coveted amp types are provided. Starting with the classic AC30 and ranging from vintage to modern, higain to clean, a variety of amp models are built-in, giving you an incredible range of sound-creating potential. Selecting the amp model and adjusting the tone controls is as intuitive as it gets – just turn the knobs!
Eleven high-quality effects cover the basics
Nine standard effects indispensable for any guitarist are built-in. These include auto wah, compressor, phaser, chorus, flanger, tremolo, rotary, delay and reverb. With the addition of combination-type effects, you have a total of eleven effects to choose from. Each effect lets you adjust several parameters. There’s also a Tap button that makes it easy to set the delay time or modulation speed.
Save your user programs in CH1 or CH2
Channel Select mode lets you save two of your own programs, including the combination of amp and effect settings. You can access either channel at a touch, for immediate switching while you play.
Easily select the classic sound for each amp type
The new Preset mode gives you a tonal starting point for each amp model. You can enter Preset mode at the touch of a button, and then simply choose an amp model to automatically get the preset sound for that amp. Select a Preset, modify it and save it to CH1 or CH2.
Manual mode lets you hear your exact sound settings
In Manual mode, the sound you’re hearing will be exactly what the knob settings indicate – just as on a conventional amp. It’s visually intuitive, so it’s quick and easy to create just the sound you’re looking for.
You can connect the line/headphone jack to your mixer, multi-track recorder or headphones. Since the character of the cabinet is also added to this signal, the sound will have a sense of ’air’ and depth even when you’re listening through headphones or recording direct. The AD100VT, AD50VT & AD50VT212 all have an external speaker output, and effect-loop jacks have been built into the AD100VT making it convenient to connect with external effect processors.
Adjust the output wattage of the power amp
The AD100VT, AD50VT & AD30VT let you adjust the output wattage from 1~100W(AD100VT), 1~50W(AD50VT & AD50VT-212) & 1~30W(AD30VT) so you can lower the volume without losing the sense of drive that’s unique to tube amps. You can get the great distinctive tube sound at a volume that’s appropriate for any location.
If the optional VFS2 dual foot switch is connected, you can use it to switch between user programs (CH1, CH2) or to bypass the effect. Alternatively, you can choose to have the footswitch activate Manual mode instead of Effect Bypass, which gives you hands-free switching between three different sounds (the two user programs and the Manual settings) for convenience during a live performance.
- Number of amp types: 11
- Number of effects: 11, Noise reduction: 1
- Number of programs: 11 preset, 2 channel.
- Input/output jacks: Top panel – 1 x INPUT. Rear panel – 1 x FOOT SW , 1 x LINE/ PHONE, (AD100VT, AD50VT & AD50VT121 only) 1 x EXTERNAL SPEAKER OUT, (AD100VT only) 1 x LOOP RETURN Jack, 1 x LOOP SEND Jack.
- Power amp output:AD100VT = maximum 100 RMS @ 8 ohms, AD50VT(212) = maximum 50W RMS @ 8 ohms, AD30VT = maximum 30W RMS @ 8 ohms, AD15VT = maximum 15W RMS @ 8 ohms.
- Adjustable Output Wattage (AD100VT, 50VT, 50VT-212, 30VT).
- Speaker: AD100VT = 2 x 12 inch VOX oringinal 16 ohm, AD50VT-212 = 2 x 12 inch VOX oringinal 16 ohm, AD50VT = 1x Celestion 70/80 (12 inch 8 ohm), AD30VT = 1x VOX original (10 inch 8 ohm), AD15VT = 1x VOX original (8 inch 8 ohm),
- Signal processing A/D conversion: 24-bit, D/A conversion: 24-bit, Sampling frequency: 44.1 kHz.
- Power supply requirements: AC, local voltage.
- Power consumption: AD100VT=100W, AD50VT(212)=52W, AD30VT=45W, AD15VT=23W
AD100VT = 55.3cms (21.77") (H) x 68.4cms (26.93") (W) x 26.8cms (10.55") (D),
AD50VT-212 = 48.5cms (19.09") (H) x 67.3cms (26.50") (W) x 26.5cms (10.43") (D), AD50VT = 50.67cms (19.95") (H) x 57.81cms (22.76") (W) x 26.5cms (10.43") (D), AD30VT = 43cms (16.93") (H) x 45.59cms (17.95") (W) x 22.40 cms (8.82") (D), AD15VT = 39.5cms (15.55") (H) x 42.8cms (16.85") (W) x 22.4cms (8.82") (D)
- Weight: AD100VT = 29kg (63.93lbs), AD50VT-212 = 23kg (50.71lbs), AD50VT = 20kgs (44.09lbs), AD30VT = 12kgs (26.46lbs), AD15VT = 10kgs (22.05lbs).
- Included items: power cable.
- Options (sold separately): VFS2 dual foot switch.
*Specifications and features are subject to change without notice.