AC Custom » AC15C1-BRG & AC30C2-BRG Green Limited Edition
Custom Series Guitar Amplifier
Introducing a custom color model featuring the traditional British Racing Green
With a sophisticated sense of design, the distinctive custom color models have always stirred the hearts of enthusiast guitarists.
These new custom color models feature the traditional British Racing Green. The classic Tygon grille cloth beautifully offsets the vivid green hue of these amplifiers.
Marked by this traditional and dignified color, these models could only have been produced by VOX, with its rich history of more than fifty years.
An Evolution in Tone
The VOX AC15C1-BRG and AC30C2-BRG Limited Edition Custom Series amps offer two channels; Normal and Top-Boost. Each channel is equipped with its own Volume control, and the Top Boost channel offers highly interactive Treble and Bass tone controls. This powerful channel pairing provides an abundance of tone-crafting control, letting you dial in a classic tone that is all your own. Both channels rely on the Tone Cut and Volume controls in the Master section. The Tone Cut control operates in the power stage rather than the preamp stage, allowing an additional degree of tone-shaping. The Master Volume control works in conjunction with the individual volumes of each channel to create just the right degree of gain-staging. By balancing the individual and Master volumes, the Custom Series can deliver the coveted clean VOX "chimey" sound or a powerful overdriven tone – and everything in between.
Sound in Motion
You can sweeten the sound of VOX AC15C1-BRG or AC30C2-BRG Limited Edition Custom Series amp by using the VOX Classic Tremolo effect. Both the speed and the depth are adjustable, making the Tremolo circuit extremely useful, allowing you to generate just the sound you want. A warm Spring Reverb is also included on all Custom Series amps, adding spaciousness to the sound. The AC30C2-BRG Limited Edition generously adds an additional tone control to the Reverb section. Using the Reverb and Tremolo together can create even more interesting effects. These onboard effects give the Custom Series their deep personality, and will add new dimensions of sound to your own playing. And while the Tremolo and Reverb are certainly exciting, the AC30C2-BRG Custom Series amp also provides an effect loop for incorporating your favorite effects into your sound. True "Bypass" switching takes the entire effect loop out of the circuit.
There is no mistaking true tube tone. Both Custom Series combo amps make use of 3 x 12AX7 preamp tubes. The AC30C2-BRG Limited Edition uses 4 x EL84 tubes to delivers 30 Watts of power through a pair of 12" Celestion G12M Greenback speakers. A pair of EL84 tubes in the AC15C1-BRG Limited Edition drives 15 Watts of power through a single 12" Celestion G12M Greenback. Both models offer a switchable 8 Ω / 16 Ω jack for powering an external speaker cabinet when you need to speak with a little more authority; using this jack will mute the internal speakers. The extension speaker jack allows you to run an additional 16 Ω cabinet along with the internal speakers for a fuller sound.
No doubt about it. The VOX AC15C1-BRG and AC30C2-BRG Limited Edition Custom Series guitar amplifiers have a lot to offer – dual channels, tremolo, reverb, and more. Thankfully, both models can use the VOX VFS2A footswitch, allowing you to turn the Reverb and Tremolo effects on and off as you continue to play.
VOX AC15C1-BRG Custom Specifications
- Output Power: 15 Watts RMS into 16 Ohms
- Tube Complement: Preamp: ECC83 / 12AX7 (x3) Power amp: EL84 (x2)
- Speakers: 12” Celestion G12M Green Back (x1); 16 Ohm
- Inputs: NORMAL Channel; TOP BOOST Channel FOOT SWITCH Jack
- Controls: NORMAL Channel: Volume TOP BOOST Channel: Volume, Treble, Bass REVERB: Level TREMOLO: Speed, Depth MASTER: Tone Cut, Volume
- Outputs: Extension Speaker Jack, External Speaker Jack
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 602 x 265 x 456 mm / 23.70 x 10.43 x 17.95 inches
- Weight: 22. kg / 48.5 lbs.
- Options: VFS2A footswitch
VOX AC30C2-BRG Custom Specifications
- Output Power: 30 Watts RMS into 16 Ohms
- Tube Complement: Preamp: ECC83 / 12AX7 (x3) Power amp: EL84 (x4)
- Speakers: 12” Celestion G12M Green Back (x2); 8 Ohm
- Inputs: NORMAL Channel Jacks: HIGH (x1); LOW (x1) TOP BOOST Channel Jacks: HIGH (x1); LOW (x1) FOOT SWITCH Jack; FX LOOP Return
- Controls: NORMAL Channel: Volume TOP BOOST Channel: Volume, Treble, Bass REVERB: Tone, Level TREMOLO: Speed, Depth MASTER: Tone Cut,Volume
- FOOT SWITCH Jack; FX LOOP Return
- Outputs: Extension Speaker Jack, External Speaker Jack, FX LOOP Send
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 702 x 265 x 556 mm / 27.64 x 10.43 x 21.89 inches
- Weight: 32.2 kg / 70.99 lbs.
- Options: VFS2A footswitch
*Specifications and features are subject to change without notice.