Custom Classic » AC30 Custom Classic
The new AC30 Custom Classic is the culmination of over 45 years of high quality, guitar amplifier design and fabrication. VOX has taken the best AC30 designs and added a number of useful, very cool features to create the most tonally flexible and affordable AC30 to date!
- AC30CC1: 1x12 combo with Celestion neodymium NeoDog speaker.
- AC30CC2: 2x12 combo with VOX custom GSH12-30 speakers.
- AC30CC2X: 2x12 combo with Celestion AlNiCo "Blue" speakers.
- AC30CCH: 30 Watt head.
- V212BN: 2x12 opened back extension cabinet with VOX custom GSH12-30 speakers.
- V212BNX: 2x12 opened back extension cabinet with Celestion AlNiCo "Blue" speakers.
- V412BN: 4x12 closed back extension cabinet with VOX custom GSH12-30 speakers.
History in the making
Why has the AC30 been an icon for decades? It's the amplifier's unique, warm tone, its player friendly "feel" and its primeval circuit design. With its straightforward "what you see is what you get" control format, the AC30 was a hit with artists from the very beginning. Back then, VOX owned the '60s "British invasion" and to this day the AC30 is widely used by all kinds of guitarists performing in a huge range of musical styles.
With a number of modern enhancements including blendable channels, a true bypass FX loop, spring reverb and master volume, to name just a few, the new AC30 Custom Classic is an evolution of the original that is sure to become a classic in its own right.
Attaining the highest standards
In order to achieve tonal nirvana, this AC30 is manufactured in our vertically integrated manufacturing facility. What this means for you is that we have total control of the design, the quality and the sound of your amplifier. Our factory is capable of many processes not found in most guitar amplifier factories. We design and manufacture our own transformers, speakers (except for the venerable VOX "Blue" & "Neodog" which are manufactured by Celestion), cabinets and we build our own electronics. All components have been designed, manufactured or selected so that the performance and sound of your AC30 Custom Classic is second to none.
An evolution in tone
When we set out to create the AC30 Custom Classic, we started from our most highly acclaimed model to date, the AC30 Hand Wired. With twin inputs (high and Low) and a Master Volume circuit, these amps offer highly interactive Bass and Treble tone controls, as well as the VOX Tone Cut control (which varies the presence in the power amp section) for even greater tonal variety. We also included Classic Tremolo with variable Depth control and a spring reverb with Level and Tone controls as well as a Dwell switch.
Two blendable channels, a first
Not only does the AC30 Custom Classic include two channels, it also offers the ability to blend those channels together (a first for the AC30!). The Top Boost Channel serves up that classic AC30 tone, while our new expanded Normal Channel now offers two modes, Normal and Bright, which allow you to achieve the sounds of an assortment of vintage AC30s. Use the channels individually or blend them together for increased tonal flexibility to create a unique sound and feel that's all your own.
Control freaks rejoice!
The AC30 Custom Classic is fully equipped with well thought out and easy to use controls. With a Custom/Normal EQ switch, Tone control and Dwell switch for the spring reverb, Master Volume, fully variable Tremolo on all channels and a true bypass Effects Loop, we've thought of everything! We've even included a switchable cathode resistor that lowers power output and increases tube life. Of course, the AC30 Custom Classic comes with our standard controls like Treble, Bass, Tone, Volume, Standby and more.
Not only is the AC30 Custom Classic the most flexible AC30 to date, it comes in our most expansive array of models ever to cover a variety of needs and player preferences.
VOX AC30 Custom Classic Specificaitons
Front panel controls:
- Inputs x 2 (Top Boost & Normal);
- Input Link Switch for blending channels;
- Normal Volume;
- Brilliance Switch;
- Top Boost Volume;
- EQ Standard/Custom Switch;
- Bass; Reverb Controls (Tone, Mix, Dwell Switch);
- Tremolo Speed & Depth;
- Tone Cut;
- Master Volume;
- Standby Switch;
- Power Switch
Rear panel controls
- Loudspeaker output jack x 2 (Extension & External);
- Output (O/P) Impedance Select (8 or 16 Ohm);
- Output Bias (82 "Warm" or 50 "Hot");
- Smoothing (22uF "Vintage" or 44uF "Modern");
- FX Loop (Send, Return and Bypass Switch);
- Footswitch Jack (Tremolo and Reverb);
- HT Fuse;
- Mains Input;
- Mains Fuse;
- 4 x EL84/6BQ5 --- 3 x 12AX7/ECC83 --- 1 x GZ34
- AC30CC1 60.94 lbs. 24" (W) x 10.4" (D) x 21.25" (H)
- AC30CC2 76.21 lbs. 27.75" (W) x 10.4" (D) x 21.25" (H)
- AC30CC2X 76.87 lbs. 27.75" (W) x 10.4" (D) x 21.25" (H)
- AC30CCH 46.07 lbs. 24.2" (W) x 10.4" (D) x 10.83" (H)
- V212BN 47.65 lbs. 27.75" (W) x 10.4" (D) x 21.25" (H)
- V212BNX 48.22 lbs. 27.75" (W) x 10.4" (D) x 21.25" (H)
- V412BN 90.33 lbs. 27.95" (W) x 14.37" (D) x 30.7" (H)
*Specifications and features are subject to change without notice.